God's Goodness

Saturday, May 7, 2011

THE LESSON OF THE DOVE

In the past when the weather was very pleasant, I placed a bell of seeds underneath our black walnut tree which was close by our house.  There was a dove which had been staying around here everyday in the yard and he approached the bell and was eating for almost two hours undisturbed.  I couldn't help watching him and feeling this wonderful happiness within because this dove was so contented as he was enjoying his food. Finally Lisa, our dog, walked near the bird.  Actually, she crept like she wasn't going to disturb the dove at all and then all of a sudden she scared the bird away.  Then my heart was upset at the dog and sad for the bird even though I knew that Lisa was just following her animal instincts.  This, My Jesus used to teach me a good lesson.  Here is the analogy.

I am the dove eating of the Lord in sweet communion and of His Word, undisturbed.  Along comes an evil spirit to disturb me and scare me away.  Jesus is the Onlooker on this scene, as He sees and knows all things.  His heart becomes angry at the evil spirit and He is sad for me. 

He taught me to be at one with Him by exercising my authority and power daily against the evil spirits.  Then I will be in fellowship with Jesus once again.  Then He won't be sad and I will continue to desire and pursue Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment