God's Goodness

Friday, May 8, 2015

SUFFERINGS AND AGONY OF JESUS' BEATINGS

This is an experience that the Lord so graciously shared with me when I was a new Christian and I feel that now is the right time to share it with others. May your hearts' loving attention be on Him and may you fall in love with Him all over again for the intensity of His love for us, shown by His voluntary submission to His Father. May your hearts be touched with His agony for each one of you that He has personally called, so as to bring each one of us back to our Father in heaven. This is the price He had to pay in order to redeem us and give us eternal life which was in Him.

Eternal life does not mean life that goes on forever, rather, it means life that has no beginning and no end and ONLY Jesus Christ could have given us this gift so that we could enjoy knowing Him...progressively becoming more intimate with Him, thereby bringing Him love and joy and comfort as well as receiving love and joy and comfort and so much more in and from Him.


This experience took place at the beginning of my walk with the Lord so the time was approximately mid-1970's. I was attending a little church in NJ at the time. While I was in the service the Lord showed me this vision of Him. I saw a very large cross before me with Jesus on it, but the emphasis and range of view was on the very upper part of our Lord. He was very badly beaten and battered. It was a terrible site and one which I had not ever even thought of or had seen portrayed before. He was really unrecognizable for His face was so swollen and blue and red in color. I was so stricken in my heart because up to that point I did not picture His face ever like that, probably because of the pictures I had been exposed to which made His face look like there nary a mark on it at all. His eyes looked like they were piercing through me, as though crying, and though His obvious pain came through His face and His eyes, His love emanated through His face at the same time, in a way I cannot explain. The evident swelling all over His face with the black, blue, and red bruises on His face really showed such extreme pain from the beatings that He endured for us because of His deep love.

Luke 22:63--Now the men who were holding Jesus in custody were mocking Him and beating Him,

John 14:6--Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment