God's Goodness

Thursday, July 7, 2011

THE JEWELS OF SUFFERING

1/23/04~






When I meditate upon your bleeding on the cross, my Lord

And I think upon your every painful wound

My heart swells with such a burning love for you

And I fall in love with you . . . all over again.


When I muse upon the crown of thorns pressed on your head, my King

And I gaze upon your nail-scarred hands and feet

My heart magnifies with deeper love for you

And I fall in love with you . . . all over again.


When I survey the throbbing soreness of your broken heart, my Friend

How your surely were consumed by all my sin

Then my heart rises with overwhelming love for you

And I fall in love with you . . . all over again.


When I ponder how you chose this path of life for me, my Love

And I consider You alone are all my Prize

Then I take up my own cross to follow closely after You

And I fall in love with you . . . all over again.


When I consider all your gentle touches, loving Master

And how you brush me with your sweet kisses and embrace me

Then I am struck with fervent ardor as I meet you face to face

And I fall in love with you . . . all over again.

John 19:34
But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water.


Mark 15:17
And they clothed him with purple, and platted a crown of thorns, and put it about his head,


Ephesians 2:16
And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby.


Philippians 3:18
(For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:


1 Corinthians 1:18
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.



Luke 9:23
And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.


No comments:

Post a Comment