God's Goodness

Friday, July 1, 2016

IN THE MIDST OF MY MOURNING ~~~ THERE IS HOPE


IN THE MIDST OF MY MOURNING

~ There is HOPE ~

In the midst of my mourning
You come ~ quietly
To my inner world of
Stillness ~ you know
All of me--more than I’ll
Ever know & You understand my
Painful journey ~ the unrequited desires
The unleashed potentials,
The deep sadness & yet…
Ever the hope that swells within me.
Then I look on Your loving,
Welcoming Face
And sigh a sigh of love & inner calmness
And I remember…those who hope
In Your mercy will not be
Ashamed or disappointed.
Yes, in the midst of my mourning
You come ~ quietly
To soothe my weary soul
To lift my drooping head
To touch my aching heart
And You bring a fresh smile
To my face ~ for You,
In the midst of my mourning…
                                You bring me fresh HOPE.                     6-25-16






Psalm 31:24

Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.




Psalm 33:18

Behold, the eye of the Lord is upon them that fear him, upon them that hope in his mercy;




Psalm 42:5

Why are you cast down, O my soul? and why are you disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance.

Psalm 71:14

But I will hope continually, and will yet praise thee more and more.

Psalm 119:116

Uphold me according unto Your word, that I may live: and let me not be ashamed of my hope.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment