God's Goodness

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

POEM--YOU ARE THE POTTER

POEM--YOU ARE THE POTTER 11/7/11

You are the Potter
I am the clay
And on Your wheel I choose to stay.
Your work in me
That does mold and shape
This, I know, is for Your Name's Sake.
Yet surely there's no way
That I could perform
Any such marvels that indeed transform.

So when I buck Your hand
And frown and weep
And cry out for this
Pain to cease--
I pray, O God, You will be deaf
To all my earnest cries of flesh
And overrule my fears and strife
By Your holy hand and powerful life.

So have Your way
Knead and bend and press--
If You must
For I am but a speck of dust.

And make of me all that YOU desire
So that Your heart and mine--
TOGETHER...
Would burn in the fire of Your love!

Jeremiah 18:1-6--Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

1The word that hath been unto Jeremiah from Jehovah, saying,

2Rise, and thou hast gone down [to] the potter's house, and there I cause thee to hear My words;

3and I go down [to] the potter's house, and lo, he is doing a work on the stones,

4and marred is the vessel that he is making, as clay in the hand of the potter, and he hath turned and he maketh it another vessel, as it was right in the eyes of the potter to make.

5And there is a word of Jehovah to me, saying:

6As this potter am I not able to do to you? O house of Israel, an affirmation of Jehovah. Lo, as clay in the hand of the potter, So [are] ye in My hand, O house of Israel.

No comments:

Post a Comment